Funding from the former AusAID program as well as other Australian Government funding underpinned the Fiji work of ANZGITA's predecessor organisation GEFiTT through contributions towards accommodation and air travel costs for volunteers.
ANZGITA has been a recipient of governemnt funds indirectly through DFAT governed programs which the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) has administered.
The Australian High Commissions in Fiji and Myanmar have also provided in-country support for our work over a number of years.
In 2018/19 we received the following support from Australian and New Zealand governments:
- Dr Celia Santos of Timor-Leste was funded for an intensive training program at Canberra Hospital by an Australian Awards Fellowship grant
- The RACS Pacific Island Program (PIP), which receives funding from the Australian Government (DFAT), supported our Pacific programs
- Australian and New Zealand High Commissions and Embassies visited some of our training programs and provided support and advice when sought.
We have received support from:
- The Fiji Minister for Health and Medical Services (Honourable Dr Ifereimi Waqainabete) who has visited the training centre during a recent program.
- The Fiji High Commission in Canberra gives assistance in preparation for the Fiji program including aiding the transport of materials to Fiji